Saturday 16 March 2013

Egg, Bacon and Avocado Breakfast

I meant to blog this last weekend but got busy and totally forgot about it.

It's a very simple, very quick and fairly healthy breakfast. And the best part? It tastes amazing. I loved it!!



Here's what you need (for 1 person):

2 Eggs
1/2 ripe Avocado
4 slices of Bacon (mmmm, bacon)
2 slices of toast (I use multi grain or whole wheat)
Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)

Step 1: Cook the bacon. Simple and it makes my apartment smell awesome. Once cooked, put in on some paper towel to soak up the excess grease.

Step 2: Poach the eggs. The best trick I ever learnt was to add 1 tbsp of white vinegar to the boiling water. It  helps the egg stay together in the water. It's really cool and unless you plan on keeping the eggs in the water for a half hour, you can not taste the vinegar. When poaching the eggs, poach them as you like them. If you like them a little less runny, cook them a bit longer. They should be cooked for 2-4 minutes.

While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and slice the avocado. I sliced it fairly thin.

Once everything is done, start by putting the avocado on the toast, then the bacon and put the egg on top. You can butter the toast or use mayo if you'd prefer that. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if you're using them. And you're done! Cut into it and enjoy!

I had thought about adding cheese, but the avocado adds a creamy texture to the whole thing so I didn't notice that the cheese was missing.

See? Really simple and very, very yummy.


Enjoy!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment