Sunday 14 October 2012

Pumpkin Cake (low fat) with Cream Cheese Icing (light)

Since it's still fall and pumpkins and such are on sale, I decided to make a pumpkin themed dessert. I found this recipe on Pinterest. It uses fat free greek yogurt and it came out so yummy and moist!!

Here's the link to the recipe:

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/846547/3-non-pie-thanksgiving-pumpkin-desserts

Just scroll down the page a bit to find the recipe.

It was pretty easy, especially since I used canned pumpkin puree this time. It was on sale for $1.99 so I couldn't beat that.  LOL.

I added my own twist on the icing - I put 1/2tsp of pumpkin pie spice in the icing. So yummy!
 
Instead of toasted almonds, I garnished it with roasted pumpkin seeds
 
SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!
 
You can still eat healthy and have treats at the same time :)

Enjoy!


Sarah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment